It’s uncommon that I get caught on one salad- I like to combine issues up each time. However, this salad is completely different. I’ve been making this butter-hazelnut dressing for just a few weeks now. I might actually do with out the candy potatoes- only a little bit of butter lettuce and this dressing (however the candy potatoes do add a pleasant shade and a bit extra diet).
This salad dressing was a cheerful accident. I’d run out of olive oil, had been working with hazelnuts, and was leaving in 10 minutes to take lunch over to a buddy’s home. Needless to say, I ran out with this dressing and couldn’t have been happier with the end result.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Butter-Hazelnut Dressing
An simple salad with a scrumptious dressing created from toasting hazelnuts in butter and including lemon juice and maple syrup.
- 1 medium candy potato
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- three tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup crushed uncooked hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- three to four cups torn butter lettuce (see notice)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cut the candy potato into ½” cubes and place on a sheet tray together with the olive oil, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt. Toss to mix then place within the oven and roasted for 30 to 40 minutes. The candy potatoes ought to be tender and browning. Let cool earlier than including to the salad.
- While the candy potatoes are roasting, soften the butter in a small pan. Add the crushed hazelnuts and cook dinner for two or so minutes, till the hazelnuts are toasted and aromatic. Remove the pan from the warmth and add within the lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt. Swirl to mix and let cool barely.
- Combine the cooled candy potatoes with the lettuce and dressing. Toss to mix and serve.
Tips + Tricks: Butter lettuce is my favourite. The texture is comfortable and the lettuce has taste. However, if you cannot discover butter lettuce, search for one other head of lettuce within the retailer.
Nutrition: See the information.
Step by Step
Salad with Butter-Hazelnut Dressing
There’s just a few swaps you can also make. I believe the butter is magical on this however in the event you’re vegan, you do have just a few choices. Also, for these with allergic reactions, sunflower seeds make a pleasant swap (simply toast them well- that is the place the flavour shines!)
Vegan: Swap the butter for a nut oil, like walnut or hazelnut oil. These oils aren’t meant for top warmth, so I like to recommend toasting the nuts in a dry skillet and including the oil to the pan after eradicating from heat-just to heat the flavors collectively barely.
Nuts/Seeds: Swap the hazelnuts for pecans or pistachios. Or in the event you’re desirous to go nut free, sunflower seeds work properly.
Vegetables: This salad is gorgeous all through the seasons. In spring, use spinach and/or asparagus. For summer season, candy corn or roasted tomatoes, and for fall- winter squash.