Post sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. See beneath for extra particulars.
I was an enormous cookie baker throughout the holidays. Sugar cookies, thumbprints, and melt-in-your-mouth cookies had been all the time available. And but, through the years, my ardour for baking has pale a bit. Now that I’ve a son, I’ll educate him a couple of of my favourite cookie recipes however for now, I’ll follow the straightforward cookies that take no time in any respect.
These almond drop cookies stem from The Homemade Flour Cookbook. I used to be attempting to determine if I may make baked items with 100% nut flour. It seems, when you like mild, cloud-like cookies, you possibly can. Best of all, with assist from Bob’s Red Mill, you possibly can simply make these cookies with their great almond flour!
Chocolate Almond Drop Cookies
An straightforward and scrumptious cookie for the vacations or for a fast weekday deal with!
- 1 1/four cup Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Natural Almond Flour (150 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/four teaspoon sea salt
- 1 massive egg
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/four teaspoon vanilla extract
- half cup milk chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Sea salt, for topping (elective)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a sheet tray with silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl. whisk collectively the almond flour, bakings soda, and salt. Add the egg together with the oil, honey, and vanilla, stirring till the dough is totally combined.
- Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a baking sheet in roughly 2 tablespoon parts and press calmly right into a circle. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, till overrated, barely agency to the contact, and golden. Let cool utterly.
- In the highest of a double boiler over medium-low warmth, soften the chocolate and coconut oil collectively. Dip half of every cookie into the chocolate and place on a drying rack or wax paper. Sprinkle with salt if desired and place within the fridge till the chocolate is ready.
by Erin Alderson
Almond Drop Cookies
There’s not a lot I’ve tried with these cookies as a result of I discover I like them simply the best way they’re. However, a pair choices for mixing them up:
Dark Chocolate: swap the milk chocolate for darkish chocolate. I’ve a milk chocolate weak spot which ends up in me usually stashing a bag within the pantry. However, darkish chocolate works simply as properly!
Lemon: Skip the chocolate and go for a light-weight lemon cookie. Add a pair teaspoons of lemon zest to the batter and probably drizzle a lemon glaze on top.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me preserve this website working to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.