It occurs in my children’ courses too. Teachers use junk meals to reward educational accomplishments, good behaviour, fundraising and different social initiatives.
I am positive the intentions are good. Rewarding desired behaviours reinforces the behaviour. Of course it additionally reinforces the rewards.
Teachers educating their college students, often their very younger college students, that sweet and pizza are rewards for each job nicely completed irrespective of how small, may not be an amazing lesson for teenagers.
Moreover, there are such a lot of higher rewards that might be metered out.
In no explicit order, listed below are ten (some complete class, some single child), and please be happy to share this submit and listing with the your youngsters’s lecturers. Honestly, they care about your children, however they might not have thought in regards to the problem a lot, they usually’re simply doing what’s these days thought-about to be regular.
1. An further interval of recess
2. An at school dance celebration
three. Dress up (or down) days (PJs, costumes, fancy garments, no matter)
four. Class put accountable for college PA system for the day
5. Painting a hallway or classroom mural
6. Stickers or non permanent tattoos
7. Sit wherever you need for a interval (instructor’s chair, ground, below desk)
eight. Get out of 1 night time of homework free card
9. Phone a child’s mother and father to inform them how terrific their child is
10. Scrabble/boggle/different type of instructional sport competitors/hour