This recipe is in partnership with Nugget Markets. See beneath for extra particulars.
I don’t get to cook dinner for folks as a lot as I would love. There’s one thing concerning the power that comes from sharing meals with others. It’s a straightforward option to convey folks collectively, particularly throughout the holidays. While I usually give attention to the principle meal, I’ve a not-so-secret obsession with small bites and appetizers. Give me a stable cheese tray or a plate filled with crostini any day and I’ll be pleased!
This 12 months, I’m partnering with Nugget Markets to convey you these pretty pumpkin ricotta crostini. If you’re within the NorCal space and in search of the right place to refill on meals for the vacation, Nugget is your go-to place. I personally go for the cheese and wine however there’s a lot extra (like all of the substances for the recipe)!
The better part about these crostini is that the ricotta combination might be made forward of time, making quick work of meeting of those stunning crostini. The creamy ricotta and pumpkin performs completely with the peppery arugula and crunchy pepitas. You can even make these gluten-free- simply use your favourite gluten-free bread!
Pumpkin Ricotta Crostini with Arugula
An ideal fall get together deal with, ricotta is whipped with pumpkin puree and topped with a easy arugula pepita salad.
- 1 small baguette, minimize into 12, half” rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finish sliced off
- three/four cup pumpkin puree
- three/four cup complete milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/four teaspoon sea salt
- 1/four teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups child arugula
- 1/four cup toasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon stone floor mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Red Chili Flakes, for serving
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Place the items of sliced baguette on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil. Bake till frivolously toasted, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and rub each bit with the minimize facet of the garlic.
- While the bread is baking, mix the ricotta with the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Whip till principally easy. Alternatively, if the ricotta is a bit gritty, whip in a blender.
- Place the arugula and pepitas in a bowl. In a small jar, mix substances for dressing and shake till mixed. Pour over the arugula and toss till the leaves are coated.
- Assemble the crostini by spreading the ricotta combination on each bit of crostini. Top every with a little bit of salad and end with a sprinkle of chili flakes.
by Erin Alderson
These crostini can simply be tailored to your style. I really like pumpkin puree however throughout this time of 12 months discovering pumpkins and/or the puree is usually a bit powerful. Also, cater to all of your visitor by making them gluten-free or vegan.
Squash: Swap the pumpkin for candy potato, butternut squash, or acorn squash puree.
Vegan: Swap the ricotta for a tofu-ricotta (like this recipe).
Greens: Arugula is usually a bit peppery and overpowering. If you’re not a fan, swap for shredded spinach or massaged kale.