One of the challenges I like when cooking for others is to assist change the narrative a bit round indulgent meals. I eat decently 90% of the time however often as soon as per week, I relax and eat one thing fully totally different. It’s usually one thing fried and it’s often at all times scrumptious (my favourite is fried cauliflower with a runner up of loaded french fries).
However, typically I’ve simply have a crap day and need one thing that tastes indulgent however is definitely stuffed with goodness. Enter these candy potato wedges. This recipe incorporates three wonderful elements that come collectively for, in my thoughts, an ideal meal. Roasted candy potatoes are topped with a scrumptious peanut granola and luscious peanut sauce. It might be an appetizer however I’ve been identified to name these dinner. Also, I feel this concept can be wonderful with Laura’s completely crisp sweet potato fries!
Sweet Potato Wedges with Peanut Sauce
A scrumptious appetizer or dinner that includes roasted candy potatoes smothered with a straightforward peanut sauce and peanut granola.
- 1 massive candy potato
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 1/four cup uncooked peanuts
- 1/four cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cut the candy potato into ½” thick wedges and toss with peanut oil and salt. Spread right into a single layer on a sheet tray and roast till tender and browning; 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place the peanuts and rolled oats on a reducing board. Roughly chop till the peanuts are in smaller items. Place on a tray coated with parchment paper and add the 1 tablespoon peanut oil, brown rice syrup, and a pinch of salt. Stir till properly mixed. Bake till browning, 15 minutes or so, stirring a pair occasions throughout cooking.
- While the candy potatoes prepare dinner, whisk collectively the elements for the sauce.
- Once the candy potatoes are completed, place on a plate and drizzle with peanut sauce, granola, cilantro, and scallions.
by Erin Alderson
Sweet Potato Wedges
Soup: This may sound a bit unusual however attempt making a easy candy potato soup with candy potatoes, onions, garlic, vegetable broth, and a little bit of coconut milk. Then swirl within the peanut sauce and high with a sprinkle of the granola.
Tahini/Sesame Seeds: No peanuts? No drawback. Swap out the peanut butter and peanuts for tahini and sesame seeds.
Produce: This mixture additionally works rather well with roasted broccoli or grilled bok choy. I’ve additionally completed one thing related with Brussels however I discover their taste to be a bit robust for the peanut sauce.