Talk about completed! Rona Ambrose is a former Canadian politician who served from 2015 to just a couple of weeks ago because the interim chief of the Conservative Party and Leader of the Opposition. She’ll be becoming a member of the Canada Institute on the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, the place she’ll be specializing in Canadian-American relations, though on the time of our interview together with her, she was nonetheless in workplace. And boy, does she keep busy!
Rona spoke with us about her extremely busy work schedule, how she retains wholesome and sane whereas touring for work (except for this workout), plus her private recommendation on talking up for your self.
Are you in search of some motivation to tackle a giant problem? Then try this episode to be impressed by the girl who helped create and arrange the United Nations’ International Day of the Girl — actually!
Some of our favourite quotes from Rona Ambrose on this ep:
Podcast Episode 40 Highlights With Rona Ambrose
- Where her ardour for girls’s and woman’s rights comes from
- How she handles sexism within the office (name it out for what it’s!)
- Canada’s parliamentary system and the way the political local weather north of the border differs from what we see within the U.S.
- Why getting up early to slot in a exercise is necessary for her
- The creation of the United Nations International Day of the Girl and why it’s so wanted across the globe: “If [the girls] can find out about their rights at an early age, they’ll change into a lot extra empowered after they change into younger ladies.”
- Her favourite methods to alleviate stress, together with a great ol’ Netflix-bingeing session and her cashmere Hudson Bay blanket she takes actually all over the place she travels
- How she strives to eat wholesome when touring by way of 9 cities in three days
- Her greatest problem when performing because the Health Minister of Canada that made our jaws drop to the ground
- Tips for coping with confrontation and never being afraid to get emotional
Also on this episode, Jenn, Kristen and I focus on Rona’s favorite workout in addition to our fave on-the-road snacks.
How do you eat wholesome when your job (or life on the whole) will get loopy? —Margo
Want to sponsor the present? Yay! Drop us a word at [email protected]