Post sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. See beneath for extra particulars.
Every summer time, I’ve a well-known sample. I believe the summer time goes to be gradual, with a number of studying and seaside time however by early June, I understand summer time goes to fly. I schedule jobs, journeys, and BBQs. Before I do know it, each week and most weekends are booked. I don’t thoughts this but it surely at all times modifications the best way we eat. I like straightforward meals which are nonetheless full of freshness. Enter this oat crisp.
I’m the kind of one who loves croutons in her salad however I solely make them if I’ve some strong, leftover bread. This straightforward oat crisp was born out of a want to have a crisp chunk to a salad with assist from one thing I at all times have readily available: rolled oats. We eat oatmeal for breakfast practically each morning and granola is a staple snack. Having a big container of rolled oats readily available is a should! This crunchy cracker-like bread makes use of a favourite trick of mine for selfmade flour. All you want is a strong blender or meals processor and you can also make your individual flour from rolled oats!
Oat Crisp with Burst Tomato Arugula Salad
An straightforward flatbread/salad mixture made with a crisp flatbread produced from floor rolled oats and a little bit of cornmeal. Perfect for lunch or a lightweight dinner.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- three/four cup (76g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/four teaspoon baking powder
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- 1/four cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup child arugula
- three tablespoons almond slices
- half of ounce blue cheese or gorgonzola crumbles
- three to four tablespoons lemon French dressing
- Heat oven to 400˚F and place an eight” forged iron skillet within the oven with about two teaspoons of olive oil, till the skillet is heat.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place in oven and roast till the cherries start to burst, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool barely.
- Add the rolled oats to a blender and pulse till the rolled oats appears to be like like flour. Transfer the flour to a bowl and add the cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Measure within the water and olive oil then stir till properly mixed. Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the oat batter in.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on the center rack then activate broiler and bake till golden and crisp. Remove from oven and switch to a serving platter.
- Assemble the salad with the arugula, cherry tomatoes, almond slices, and bleu cheese. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to mix. Transfer the salad on prime of the oat crisp. Serve by gently breaking the crisp and dish with salad.
by Erin Alderson
Tips & Tricks: You may make this sauce forward of time and assemble when able to eat.
Nutrition: see the information.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 481 Calories from fats|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 33.1||51%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.three||25%|
Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2,000 calorie food plan. Your every day values could also be greater or decrease relying in your calorie wants:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This flatbread is extraordinarily straightforward to fluctuate. Beyond the toppings, I like so as to add in a handful or herbs or toasted spices. You may additionally add a little bit of sweetener however I’ve discovered the flavour of oats to be candy sufficient.
Legumes: Add your favourite cooked legumes to the salad. I like tossing in chickpeas or cooked black lentils.
Greens: Arugula shouldn’t be a love for everybody however you might simply swap in lettuce, spinach, or kale.
Vegetables: Roasted summer time squash, roasted winter squash, or grilled asparagus are all good additions, relying on the season. Play round with the greens within the salad- it’s onerous to go fallacious!
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this web site operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.