For years, my breakfast routine consisted of two objects: espresso and oatmeal. I ate oatmeal practically day-after-day and after time, I turned bored. I like routine however I additionally crave a little bit of change. I discovered my cravings tended in the direction of savory. And so, toast turned my norm. This romesco toast is about as near an avocado toast recipe as I’ll get on the location (which is to say, not tremendous shut). I’m obsessive about romesco sauce and I don’t use the phrase obsessed evenly. The good steadiness of smoked paprika, vinegar, nuts, and roasted purple pepper has me utilizing romesco on every little thing.
This explicit toast is a hybrid of some issues I make. It’s a bit open-face grilled cheese sandwich meets fried egg. Occasionally I’ll add greens however for probably the most half I make it as written. Add a cup of espresso and that is my perfect breakfast!
Romesco Toast with Fried Egg
An straightforward breakfast toast that includes one romesco, one in all my favourite spreads/sauces that makes use of roasted purple peppers and smoked paprika.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices crusty complete wheat bread
- 1/4 cup romesco sauce
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 giant avocado
- 2 eggs, cooked how you want
- Parsley, for serving
- Chili Flakes, for serving
- Heat the broiler in your oven with a rack about 6” away from the broiler.
- In an giant, oven-safe skillet over medium-low warmth, add the butter. Place the items of bread within the skillet and toast, flipping sometimes, till evenly browning. Remove from warmth.
- Spread romesco sauce over every bit of toast then layer with sliced shallots and mozzarella cheese. Place the skillet below the broiler and prepare dinner till cheese has melted and is bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Keep an in depth eye on the toast as this may occasionally go quickly- it’s straightforward to burn!
- Remove from oven and prime every romesco toast with sliced avocado and fried egg. Sprinkle with parsley and chili flakes if desired.
by Erin Alderson
Tips & Tricks: The romesco sauce will be made forward of time, making fast work of this sandwich. Also, I’ve been identified to toast the bread within the toaster as a substitute of the skillet however I like using the butter/skillet.
Nutrition: see the information.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 605 Calories from fats|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 47||72%|
|Dietary Fiber 12||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2,000 calorie weight loss program. Your every day values could also be greater or decrease relying in your calorie wants:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
It’s onerous to screw up toast, exterior of burning it. The romesco gives a stable base for a lot of additions within the type of greens, legumes, and various kinds of cheese. Be unfastened with this one- among the finest breakfast concepts I’ve had have stemmed from this recipe!
Garlicky Greens: Bulk up this toast and add a layer of garlicky greens below the melted cheese. I like including kale or chard to this toast.
Spice: I like to often kick up the spice degree on the romesco. You can do that by including the an additional pinch or two of cayenne.
Legumes: I like fry chickpeas with a little bit of olive oil and garlic then barely mashed them. This makes an ideal layer on prime of the romesco. You may additionally make a hummus and add in a couple of spoonfuls of the romesco!