Post sponsored by The American Pecan Council. See beneath for extra particulars.
I’m a morning individual. I feel there’s nothing higher than getting up early, making a cup of espresso, and having fun with the cool morning air. It’s my finest time of day. It stands to cause, then, that I additionally love breakfast. This breakfast bowl my thought of an ideal begin. It’s packed stuffed with protein and good fat together with considered one of my favourite summer season treats: roasted tomatoes!
However, I feel one of the best a part of this recipe is the za’atar pecans. I like utilizing pecans in a savory means as a result of they lend a pure candy and buttery taste to the general recipe- an ideal praise for the sumac and thyme within the za’atar! Best of all, the pecans add the correct amount of crunchy texture to this breakfast bowl. I like holding a stash of roasted nuts available and pecans are packed full of fine monounsaturated fats and dietary fiber. An ideal afternoon snack or completely satisfied hour addition!
One fast observe: watch your pecan storage! All that good oil means pecans are a bit extra vulnerable to spoiling when saved at room temperature. I maintain a stash in my freezer and thaw solely what I want. You can retailer pecans within the fridge for as much as 9 months or as much as two years within the freezer (granted, mine are often gone inside a month!)
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Za’atar Pecans
An ideal energy breakfast with quinoa, eggs, and roasted pecans tossed with considered one of my favourite spice blends: za’atar.
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- 2/three cup uncooked pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons za’atar
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- four giant eggs, poached or fried
- Minced parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Slice the tomatoes in half and place in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast till tomatoes are gentle and beginning to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place pecans in a roasting pan or sheet tray and toss with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and thoroughly toss with za’atar. Return to oven and roast for one more 2 to three minutes, till the nuts are aromatic. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, scale back to a simmer, cowl, and cook dinner for 12 minutes or till a lot of the water has been absorbed. After 12 minutes, flip off warmth and let quinoa sit for five minutes.
- Assemble the bowls: divide quinoa into 4 bowls. Top with tomatoes, fried or poached egg, and pecans. Top with parsley and serve.
by Erin Alderson
Tips & Tricks: You could make the pecans, tomatoes, and quinoa forward of time and assemble within the morning.
Nutrition: see the information.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 420 Calories from fats|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 26||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 6||24%|
Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2,000 calorie weight-reduction plan. Your every day values could also be greater or decrease relying in your calorie wants:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I like the combination of protein from the quinoa, egg, and pecans. I’ve discovered that I maintain power means longer through the morning once I begin my morning with a breakfast bowl like this one. A number of different solutions to combine up this bowl:
Vegan: Drop the egg and high the bowl together with your favourite fried or baked tofu recipe.
Grains: I like quinoa as a result of it’s an influence grain that works effectively with so many flavors. However, you possibly can simply swap it for any grain (or multigrain combine) you would possibly have already got available.
Greens: If I’ve a any greens available, I’ll usually make these garlicky greens and add to the bowl as effectively.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with The American Pecan Council. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this web site working to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.