I’ve a weak point for vegetable truffles and fritters. I’ve at all times liked a little bit fried cauliflower once I’m out having a drink however clearly, it’s an occasional deal with. However, fritters are a terrific in-between. The vegetable are nonetheless entrance and heart however the gentle pan fry offers a superbly crisp outdoors. I may eat nearly any vegetable in fritter type.
These kohlrabi fritters are from Andrea’s blog-titled e book, Dishing Up the Dirt. If you’ve not checked out Andrea’s website earlier than, it’s an exquisite ode to recent, produce-driven recipes. She and her husband run a CSA and you’ll see the affect in her cooking fashion. Andrea’s e book is stuffed with fantastic tales and recipes. While it’s not all vegetarian, you’re feeling impressed regardless of.
As for these fritters, the steadiness of kohlrabi and potato is spot on and should you don’t make her cashew cream sauce, you’re lacking out. I feel I wish to spoon it on every thing. Also, I made these for my toddler and he ate each final little bit of the kohlrabi fitters and the cashew sauce!
Kohlrabi Fritters with Garlic Herb Cashew Cream Sauce
Easy kohlrabi fritters, served with an exquisite garlic-herb cashew cream sauce. Perfect for breakfast or a light-weight lunch.
- 1 pound kohlrabi (about 1 massive or 2 medium kohlrabies), peeled
- 1 medium-sized russet potato, peeled (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced recent dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced recent parsley
- 1 teaspoon effective sea salt
- 1/three cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, evenly crushed
- 1/three cup grapeseed oil
- Cashew Cream Sauce (see observe)
- Preheat the oven to 250˚F. Using the big holes on a field grater, grate the kohlrabies and potato. Alternatively, you should utilize the grating attachment on a meals processor to do the identical factor. Transfer the grated greens to a dish towel, wring out any moisture, then put them right into a bowl.
- Add the onion, dill, parsley, salt, and flour to the grated kohlrabi combination. Stir within the eggs and blend till every thing is nicely integrated.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a big skillet over medium-high. Spoon 1/four cup of the combination into the skillet and flatten it gently with a spatula. Add 2 or three extra fritters to the pan. Cook this batch of fritters till they’re golden brown and crisp, three to four minutes per facet. Drain them on a paper-towel-lined plate earlier than transferring the to a baking sheet to maintain them heat within the oven when you end making all of the fritters.
- Serve the fritters with the sauce and luxuriate in.
by Erin Alderson